Monday, July 22, 2013

Afternoon Adventure

1:20 p.m. Ken just called - they stopped in Baker City, OR to get gas and drink lots of water (oh and eat the no bake energy balls I made for them to snack on). Spirits are high and they are making good time. They have gone about 450 miles so far and are heading east on I-84 - less than 100 miles from Idaho border. Ken has been taking some short little videos so hopefully I can share those in a day or two. They are ahead of schedule so keep them in your prayers.
2:16 p.m. They just crossed over into Idaho. I'll bet it is hot in southern Idaho today!
4:50 p.m. Father and Ken have arrived in Jerome, ID and will be stopping for a few (hours or minutes, I am not sure). I just talked to Ken and he will be glad to get off the bike for a bit, get cooled off, and walk around. They have driven in heat upwards of 105 degrees F! He said that they hit a spot that was 102 degrees and it was sooooo much cooler. I guess every degree helps when you are talking about over 100 degree temp. I am home from work and have lots to do so I may not update much until morning (unless Ken calls again). Thanks for keeping them both in your prayers. BTW, unofficially, they have to make it to the Mexican border before 5:15 p.m. tomorrow - I don't think they will have any problem with that timeline. (NOTE: all times are Pacific Daylight Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment