Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day #2 - Afternoon

1:25 p.m. They stopped for fuel in Blythe, CA and am assuming a bite to eat since they have been there for a lot longer than normal for a fuel stop (unless Ken forgot his cell phone there!). I have not had any contact with them this afternoon but they are just 90 miles from Yuma (and the border crossing is just right there). I will keep you apprised as they get ever closer to their amazing goal! It is currently 97 degrees F in Blythe, CA and 98 degrees F in Yuma, AZ so they better be hydrating like crazy and if Ken isn't using his chiller vest today I will be very upset with him.
1:35 p.m. Called Ken and they were just heading out of Blythe. The GPS is taking them on a CA-78 to Ogliby Road and then hooking up with I-8. I wanted them to take 95 the rest of the way. I will let you know as soon as I know when they arrive in Yuma. I'm sure they will be fine as the GPS has been routing them around road construction and other "hazards" all day. I have faith in God and I am asking him to guide them - the GPS is just an electronic device! Keep the prayers coming for just a little over an hour longer! Thanks for all the support, faith, and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment